If you are resident in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, Beem Enterprises Ltd, an English Corporation, with offices located at 64 New Cavendish Street, London, England, W1G 8TB is the responsible party with respect to your personal data collected through the Service.
1. How Is Your Information Collected?
A - Information You Provide
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, valid government issued ID, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number and date of birth.
- Account Credentials, including your username, alias, nickname, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age, gender, and country of residence.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Profile Data, including biography, connections to people and content, interests, inferences, preferences, favorites, and images, writings, sounds, images and videos of Users uploaded to the platform.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service (such as when you organize, appear in, or participate in a cowatch, create public pages or modify your profile page, or upload sound or video) which covers User Generated Content as defined in our Terms of Service. We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Service and/or Beem’s forum (“Forum”) (such as your Forum’s messages or chat history during a cowatch if you use our chat functionality). We also collect historical lists of transactions and content consumption.
- Personal Contacts Data, including the first and last name, email address, and phone number of your personal contacts. We collect data about your contacts with your consent and in order to fulfill a request by you, such as finding your contacts on the Service or inviting your contacts to join the Service. Such functionality is only intended for U.S. residents. By using this functionality, you acknowledge and agree that both you and your contacts are based in the U.S. and that you have your contacts’ consent for us to use their contact information to fulfill your request.
- Employment Data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B - Information Automatically Collected
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect, and have collected in the past 12 months, include:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products, content, and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and existing pages. We and our third-party service providers: (i) receive and record such information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology; (ii) collect and store information that is generated automatically as you use it, such as anonymous usage statistics and your preferences; and (iii) collect information about your online activities over time. If you use the Beem Service, you are assigned a unique identifier which is stored on our servers. This identifier is used to authenticate you, gather anonymous usage statistics, and allow you to realize transactions and access synchronized cowatches in the platform.
- Viewing Information, We collect information about the videos you view on our Service, such as show title and episode name, and may associate that information with other information we have about you, including your Personal Data (such as your name or email address) and other usage information (such as an IP address, device identifier, or location data). Viewing Information may include information which identifies you as having requested or obtained specific video materials or services. We may share your Viewing Information with (i) our service providers to authorize your access to the Service (ground for processing: performance of the agreement) and (ii) our content suppliers to enforce content protections (ground for processing: compliance with our legal obligations).
- Peer-to-Peer Data, We use peer-to-peer technology. That means that your IP address may be viewable by other users (and you may see other users' IP addresses) when you use the platform.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad ID.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data). We will also combine your IP address and your user name/ID for the purpose of the management of copyrights and payment of the relevant royalties to the copyright owners, as required by law).
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- App Technologies, which are technologies included in our apps that are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include SDKs, which is code that sends information about your use to a server, for instance through the Facebook SDK. These SDKs allow us to track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our apps. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below and the Cookies Privacy located at https://watchbeem.com/static/us/cookies-policy.html.
C - Information from Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. The categories of sources from which we collect information, and have collected from in the past 12 months, include:
- Data brokers (in particular, Google, Adobe Audience Manager, Lotame, Oracle BlueKai, Salesforce, Liveramp, etc.) from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks with which you interact (for instance, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities (in particular, Hollywood Major Studios, media platforms, studios and distributors, influencers agencies, consumer brands, charities, etc.).
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain (in particular, external social media networks information and metrics, external media appearances, published papers, articles and blog posts).
2. How Is Your Information Used?
- using information to operate, manage, maintain, provide, create, develop, and improve all of the features, functionality, marketing efforts, and services (new or existing) found on the Service; provide security for our website, products, software or applications; manage relationships with Beem account holders (e.g., Partners, Affiliates); improve users’ experience with Beem; prevent and address fraud and abuse, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm; conduct research, including focus groups and surveys; and understand the usage trends and activities of our users including for internal and service-related purposes such as data analytics.
- We may use, audio and video record and/or live broadcast, with your consent, your personal information regarding your account (Profile Data, public name, email address, IP -non-aggregated form- and precise location data), all the content posted by you (images, videos, sounds and writings, User Generated Content) and the cowatch event attended by you: (i) for the promotion and marketing of the Service (on the platform itself as well as on third parties’ social media platforms); (ii) for analytics and statistical purposes, and (iii) to feature relevant advertising.
- We may also ask for your consent to process information for any purpose that we communicate to you or that you request. When you consent to our processing of your information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your information for that purpose.
- We may send communications and notices, including to the email address you provide us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, technical notices, updates, system maintenance, security alerts, or to inform you about additional features, products or services that may be of interest to you.
- We may develop and send you advertising, direct marketing, and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- We may conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries.
- We may also use the information collected through the Service to enforce our terms or other legal rights.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated and de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below and our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/us/cookies-policy.html.
3. How Is Your Information Shared?
- Service Providers. We may share information with service providers that process information on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, audits, website hosting, maintenance and security services; to conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; or to assist Beem in improving the Service and creating new services and features. We require that these parties use the information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and we require them to use reasonable confidentiality measures, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors and other parties for analytics and advertising related purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below as well as our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/us/cookies-policy.html.
- Affiliates. We share information with our affiliates and related entities belonging to our group of companies, including where they act as our service providers or for their own internal purposes.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Promotions. Our promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other parties including calls for public generosity made by associations, foundations, or charity entities that we promote on our Service. When you voluntarily enter a promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Public Functionality. We share information you make public when using the Service, such as information in your profile or that you post on public boards including comments, reviews, sound, and videos that you make public on the Service and information that you post in cowatch chats or when you organize or appear in cowatches. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction.
- With Your Consent. We may also disclose your information with notice to you and with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below and our Cookies Policy available at https://watchbeem.com/static/us/cookies-policy.html.
4. Viewing Information
In certain circumstances, we may need to share with content suppliers and third party’s providers, information about the videos you view on our Service along with other information we have about you, including information you have provided to us (such as your name or address) and information we have automatically collected (such as an IP address, your Beem unique identifier, device identifiers, or precise location data). By using the Service, you consent to our doing so, including the collection, use, and sharing as described in our Video Privacy Notice and Consent. For more information, please review that policy.
5. Other Parties
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by other parties. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Service.
Some examples include:
- Links. Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us. We may get a commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link to an affiliate’s website.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
- Forums and Messaging. When you participate in Beem’s forum (“Forum”), we collect your private messages, comments and IP address; your activity on the site; how many times you visit the forum and with whom you’ve communicated. We use Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc. (Discourse) to help us host and operate our Forum. This means that they may access your information to help provide the Forum.
6. Analytics and Advertising
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Service (including our website and emails) as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Service or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to another party or incorporating a pixel from another party into our own Service, and the other party matching common factors between our data and their data or other datasets. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the “Information Collected Automatically”, “Your Rights and Choices” sections and our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/us/cookies-policy.html.
7. Your Rights and Choices
A - Account Information
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings. The settings link is located by clicking on your profile picture in the platform, then on “Settings” in the dropdown menu. Settings lets you see your account preferences. You can verify and adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if you wish, by changing your selections.
- Information Requests. For requests to review, update, export, delete or otherwise limit Beem’s use of your information that you have provided directly to Beem, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant backgrounds. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information.
- Disabling Your Account. You can disable your account if you go to your account settings while you are logged in. Click the “Disable My Account” link to have your account immediately disabled and removed from public view. Please be aware that this is a final act and you cannot log back into your account again after clicking this link. When you disable your account, we immediately remove your ability to log in and access any information or asset linked to your profile, including your pages, purchased/rented titles, cowatches and wallet coins balance.
- Turning on Email Notifications. You can change your email notifications in your email settings. While this allows you to stop many notification emails, we will still send some technical and critical service emails.
You may decline to share certain information with Beem, in which case Beem may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service.
Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B - Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad ID at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly. For further information, read our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/us/cookies-policy.html.
C - Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze your use of our online and to compile reports on activities within the online content in order to perform further services associated with the use of this online content for us.
As part of this process, pseudonymous user profiles for the users can be created from the processed data.
The IP address transmitted from the user’s browser is not combined with other data by Google. Users can prevent the storage of cookies.
Moreover, we use third parties advertising cookies on our website. The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable party not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable party to opt out.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
D - Communications
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notification on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our app.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
E - Unlinking Your Accounts
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. The Service is intended for general audiences, and is not directed at children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information, as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from children under 13, then we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account if one exists. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Beem member, then please contact Beem at email@example.com to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted. We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the Service, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the Service. To make a request, email us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Data Security
By using the Service or providing information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Service or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Merger or Sale
In the event that Beem, or some or all assets related to the Service are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
11. International Transfer
We are based in the U.S. and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing the Service from outside of the U.S., please be aware that information collected through the Service may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, Beem Enterprises Ltd, an English Corporation, with offices located at 64 New Cavendish Street, London, England, W1G 8TB is the responsible party with respect to your personal data collected through the Service.
13. Contact Us
If you experience any difficulties accessing the information here, please contact us at email@example.com.
14. Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents
Beem does not currently sell your covered information as those terms are defined under applicable Nevada law. However, you may still submit an opt-out request and we will honor that request as required by Nevada law if Beem were to ever engage in such a sale in the future. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to opt-out of future sales of your covered information, please submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request must include your full name, username (if any), street address, city, state, zip code, and an email address so that we can contact you if needed regarding this request. You may also be required to take reasonable steps as we determine from time to time in order to verify your identity and/or the authenticity of the request. Beem will respond to your request within sixty (60) days either confirming that your request has been processed or indicating that we need an additional thirty (30) days to complete it.
15. Additional Disclosures for California Residents
These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt-out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
A - Notice of Collection
In the past twelve months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, alias, postal address, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address);
- Customer Records, including phone number, billing address, and credit or debit card number;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including gender;
- Commercial or transactions information, including records of products or services purchased obtained or considered and content consumption;
- Internet activity, including content interaction information, creation and content streaming activity, browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, email applications, or advertisement;
- Geolocation data;
- Employment and education information;
- Inference Drawn, from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
For further details on information we collect, including the sources from which we receive information, review the “How Is Your Information Collected” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “How Is Your Information Used” section above, including to manage our Service.
Under the CCPA, “sell” is defined broadly, and some of our data sharing practices may be considered a “sale.”
We do not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood.
B - Right to Know and Delete
You have the right to know certain details about our data practices in the past 12 months. In particular, you may request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you.
You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your Personal Data and other information by BEEM, or access to or deletion of your Personal Data and other information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com to make a request. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law and that, depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
C - Right to Opt-Out
To the extent Company sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D - Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
E - California “Shine the Light” Disclosure
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to opt out of the sharing of certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. For inquiries regarding our disclosure policy, please send us an email at email@example.com. You must include the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of the email.
F - Right to Non-Discrimination
California consumers have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.