These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt-out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
1. Notice of Collection
In the past twelve months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, alias, postal address, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address);
- Customer Records, including phone number, billing address, and credit or debit card number;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including gender;
- Commercial or transactions information, including records of products or services purchased obtained or considered and content consumption;
- Internet activity, including content interaction information, creation and content streaming activity, browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, email applications, or advertisement;
- Geolocation data;
- Employment and education information;
- Inference Drawn, from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
Under the CCPA, “sell” is defined broadly, and some of our data sharing practices may be considered a “sale.” We do not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood.
2. Right to Know and Delete
You have the right to know certain details about our data practices in the past 12 months. In particular, you may request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you.
You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your Personal Data and other information by Beem, or access to or deletion of your Personal Data and other information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law and that, depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
3. Right to Opt-Out
To the extent Company sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information or emailing us at email@example.com.
4. Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
5. California “Shine the Light” Disclosure
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to opt out of the sharing of certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. For inquiries regarding our disclosure policy, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of the email.
6. Right to Non-Discrimination
California consumers have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.