If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
The data controller is Beem Enterprises Ltd, an English Corporation, with offices located at 64 New Cavendish Street, London, England, W1G 8TB (BEEM).
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or at the following postal address with the reference “to the attention of the Data Protection Officer”: Beem Enterprises Ltd, an English Corporation, with offices located at 64 New Cavendish Street, London, England, W1G 8TB (BEEM).
1. How Is Your Information Collected?
A - Information You Provide.
- Contact and Personal Data, including your first and last name, valid government issued ID, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number and date of birth.
- Account Credentials, including your username, alias, nickname, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age, gender, and country of residence.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Profile Data, including biography, connections to people and content, interests, inferences, preferences, favorites, and images, writings, sounds, images and videos of Users uploaded to the platform.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service (such as when you organize, appear in, or participate in a cowatch, create public pages or modify your profile page, or upload sound or video), which covers User Generated Content as defined in our Terms of Service. We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Service and/or Beem’s forum (“Forum”) (such as your Forum’s messages or chat history during a cowatch if you use our chat functionality). We also collect historical lists of transactions and content consumption.
- Employment Data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other Information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B - Information Automatically Collected.
In addition, if you provided us with your consent thanks to the Cookies banner available on the homepage of the website www.watchbeem.com, expect if this information is necessary to provide you with the service that you requested, we automatically collect Information when you use the Service. The categories of Information we automatically collect include:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products, content, and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and existing pages. We and our third-party service providers: (i) receive and record such information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology; (ii) collect and store information that is generated automatically as you use it, such as anonymous usage statistics and your preferences; and (iii) collect information about your online activities over time. If you use the Beem Service, you are assigned a unique identifier which is stored on our servers. This identifier is used to authenticate you, gather anonymous usage statistics, and allow you to realize transactions and access synchronized cowatches in the platform.
- Viewing Information, We collect information about the videos you view on our Service, such as show title and episode name, and may associate that information with other information we have about you, including your Personal Data (such as your name or email address) and other usage information (such as an IP address, device identifier, or location data). Viewing Information may include information which identifies you as having requested or obtained specific video materials or services. We may share your Viewing Information with (i) our service providers to authorize your access to the Service (ground for processing: performance of the agreement) and (ii) our content suppliers to enforce content protections (ground for processing: compliance with our legal obligations).
- Peer-to-Peer Data, We use peer-to-peer technology. That means that your IP address may be viewable by other users (and you may see other users' IP addresses) when you use the platform. The collection of your IP address is necessary for the purpose of offering you the Service.
- Device Identifiers Data, in particular IP address.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level for the purpose of geolocation to offer a tailored service based on the location of your device ; this data is deleted once the geolocation is made; we will also combine your IP address and your user name/ID for the purpose of the management of copyrights and payment of the relevant royalties to the copyright owners, as required by law) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data) for the purpose of sending relevant advertising (based on your location).
We use tracking technologies only if you provided us with your consent thanks to the banner available on the homepage of the website www.watchbeem.com except if these tracking technologies are necessary to provide you with the service that you requested.
For further information about the way we use these tracking technologies and how to tailor your settings per category of tracking technologies, see our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html.
We use the following tracking technologies:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for 13 months.
- App Technologies, which are technologies included in our apps that are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include SDKs, which is code that sends information about your use to a server, for instance through the Facebook SDK. These SDKs allow us to track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our apps. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below and the Cookies Privacy located at https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html.
C - Information from Other Sources.
If it is necessary to perform the agreement concluded with you, we may process information (identity and personal data, profile, affinities and preferences, location, history of external transactions, etc.) which we lawfully received from other sources (basis of the processing: performance of a contract with you -Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR-). In addition, we process personal data that we have lawfully collected, received and acquired from publicly accessible sources if such is necessary to perform the agreement concluded and we are allowed to process this data in accordance with the Personal Data Regulation (i.e. social proof of identity, external social networks information and metrics, external media appearances, etc.).
The Information will be stored on our Platform hosted by Amazon Web Services EMEA Sarl located in Luxembourg. The categories of sources from which we collect information include:
- Data brokers (in particular, Google, Adobe Audience Manager, Lotame, Oracle BlueKai, Salesforce, Liveramp, etc.) from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks with which you interact (for instance, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities (in particular, Hollywood Major Studios, media platforms, studios and distributors, influencers agencies, consumer brands, charities, etc.)
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain (in particular, external social media networks information and metrics, external media appearances, published papers, articles and blog posts).
2. How Is Your Information Used?
- Our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the optimization and economic operation of our Service): provide security for our website, products, software or applications; manage relationships with Beem account holders (e.g., Partners, Affiliates); improve users’ experience with Beem.
- Our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the analysis and the optimization of our Service) and for the compliance with a legal obligation (Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR): prevent and address fraud and abuse, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm; conduct research, including focus groups and surveys; and understand the usage trends and activities of our users including for internal and service-related purposes such as data analytics.
- Your consent (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR): We may use, audio and video record and/or live broadcast, with your consent, your personal information regarding your account (Profile Data, public name, email address, IP -non-aggregated form- and precise location data), all the content posted by you (images, videos, sounds and writings, User Generated Content) and the cowatch event attended by you: (i) for the promotion and marketing of the Service (on the platform itself as well as on third parties’ social media platforms); (ii) for analytics and statistical purposes, and (iii) to feature relevant advertising.
- Your consent (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR): We may also ask for your consent to process information for any purpose that we communicate to you or that you request.
- Performance of a contract with you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR) and legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the optimization and economic operation of our Service): We may send communications and notices, including to the email address you provide us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, technical notices, updates, system maintenance, security alerts, or to inform you about additional features, products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the optimization and economic operation of our Service): We may develop and send you advertising, direct marketing, and communications about our products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services. If you agreed that we share information with third parties, for advertising purposes, you may also receive commercial offers from our commercial partners.
- Performance of a contract with you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR): We may conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries.
- Our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the protection and enforcement of our rights) and for the compliance with a legal obligation (Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR): We may also use the information collected through the Service to enforce our terms or other legal rights.
- Our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the protection and enforcement of our rights) and for the compliance with a legal obligation (Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR): manage litigation, contentious recovery procedures, legal or administrative procedures, fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations, manage and justify the payment of royalties to copyright owners.
- Our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our Service) subject to your rights detailed in article “Your Rights and Choices” below and in our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html create and share audience segments or user profiles based on your use of our services and / or your interests, measure your interest in the advertisements presented to you, measure and improve your interest in our Services, personalize the advertising presented to you based on your use of our Services.
- Our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the management of our business): To handle your job application.
- Performance of a contract with you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR): to analyze Information that we collect directly from you and that we obtained from third parties (see Article “C. Information from Other Sources” above) and predict aspects concerning your preferences or interests pertaining to our Service to suggest you content to be seen on our Service and to improve your experience on the Service, such as the continuous technological development of the platform across devices, the development of new features and an overall improvement of the Service design.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated and de-identified) for our legitimate interest except as prohibited by the Data Protection Regulation.
For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
3. How Is Your Information Shared?
• you have given us consent to transmit data to third parties,
• this is necessary in accordance with Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR for the processing of the contract concluded with you,
• for purposes where we are obligated or entitled to give information, notification or forward data in compliance with the Data Protection Regulation, or
• to the extent that external service providers have been commissioned by us (under a Data Processing Agreement subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament complying with the Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose of the provision of the Service.
The categories of parties with whom we share information, are:
- Service Providers. We may share Information with service providers that process Information on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, audits, website hosting, maintenance and security services; to conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; or to assist Beem in improving the Service and creating new services and features. We require that these parties use the information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and we require them to use reasonable confidentiality measures, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for the purpose described above.
Our services providers are, for instance:
- Amazon Web Services EMEA Sarl, located at 38 Avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855, Luxembourg: Your Information is stored in the Luxembourg, in Amazon Simple Storage Service cloud system called “Amazon S3” (it is a storage service offering scalability, data availability, security, and peak performance) and using “Cognito” (“Cognito” software allows authentication, authorization, and user management for our Service, in particular our website), all together operated by Amazon Web Services EMEA Sarl, Inc. which provides (through its “Cognito” software) authentication, authorization, and user management for our Service, in particular our website.
The sharing of your Information with this provider is necessary for the performance of the Service requested by you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR).
- Agora Lab Inc., located 2804 Mission College Blvd. Suite 201, Santa Clara, CA 95054: Agora Lab Inc. is a provider of a Software Defined Real-Time Network (SD-RTN©) and associated services for the integration and deployment of life voice and video chat capabilities and other communications features and functionalities.
To provide you with a co-watching application, we will use Agora Lab Inc.’s interactive real-time video service.
To that effect, Agora Lab Inc. is granted by us a license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and digitally perform the Information that you provide us with through the use of our Service, in particular when you use our chat functionalities during a cowatch session.
Sharing of this Information is necessary for the performance of the Service requested by you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR).
Agora monitors and collects “Operational Metrics” for its own business purposes, such as improving, testing, and maintaining the Agora Software and developing additional products and services. “Operational Metrics” are anonymized information, metrics, analytics and data that Agora Lab Inc. collects in connection with our use of its software.
Agora shall have the right to fully exploit and use and distribute Operational Metrics for its own service only in aggregate, non-personally identifiable form that cannot be used to identify you.
When Agora Lab Inc. collects and processes your Information in connection with the performance of our Service to you, it will comply with the Personal Data Regulations, as set forth in the Data Processing Agreement that we concluded with Agora Lab Inc. subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament.
- Peer5 Inc., located 550 S California Avenue Palo Alto CA 94306 : Peer5 is a provider of an Application Programming Interface (API) allowing us to provide video content delivery services (CDN) based on Peer-to-Peer network, including platform management.
To that effect, Peer5 Inc. grants us a license to use and integrate the API on our website and Peer5 Inc will collect the IP address of your device. With peer-to-peer technology (which is implemented to offer you the Service), your IP address may be viewable by other Users (and you may see other Users' IP addresses) when using the Service.
The sharing of this Information is necessary for the performance of the Service requested by you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR).
The collection and processing of your Information in connection with the performance of our Service to you, will comply with the Personal Data Regulations, as set forth in the Data Processing Agreement that we concluded with Peer5 Inc. subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament.
- Segment.io, Inc., located 100 California Street, Suite 700 San Francisco, CA 94111 USA: Segment provides us with a platform allowing us to manage our customers’ data.
The sharing of this Information is necessary for the performance of the Service requested by you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR).
The collection and processing of your Information in connection with the performance of our Service to you, will comply with the Personal Data Regulations, as set forth in the Data Processing Agreement that we concluded with Segment subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament.
- Mixpanel Inc., located One Front Street, 28th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA which will provide us with technology which analyses our users’ behaviors across our Service.
The collection and processing of your Information in connection with the performance of our Service to you, will comply with the Personal Data Regulations, as set forth in the Data Processing Agreement that we concluded with Mixpanel Inc. subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament.
- Functional Software, Inc. (Sentry), located 132 Hawthorne St, San Francisco, CA 94107, an open-source company, providing an application monitoring platform that helps us identify issues (bugs, errors) in real-time on our website. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The sharing of this Information is based on our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR) (our legitimate interest in the optimization and economic operation of our Service) and will comply with the Personal Data Regulations, as set forth in the Data Processing Agreement that we concluded with Sentry subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament.
- Intercom, Inc., located 55 2nd Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 USA, will provide us with a chat bot system allowing the discussions between us and our users.
The sharing of this Information is necessary for the performance of the Service requested by you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR).
We concluded with Intercom a Data Processing Agreement (which complies with the Personal Data Regulations) subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament for the provision of these services by Intercom.
- Intertrust Cloud Services Corporation (“ICSC”) located 920 Stewart Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94085 USA, will provide us with “Intertrust ExpressPlay™ cloud DRM system” which consists in complete, end-to-end content protection that meets even the toughest Hollywood standards. ExpressPlay is the only multi-DRM technology available across all popular platforms and formats.
In connection with the provision of this service, ICSC will receive your Information in particular, your IP address.
The sharing of this Information is based on the compliance with a legal obligation (Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR) (the management of the copyrights owned by third parties on the Content available through the Service) and will comply with the Personal Data Regulations, as set forth in the Data Processing Agreement that we concluded with ISCS subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament.
- Vendors and Other Parties. If you agreed, we may share Information with vendors and other parties for analytics and advertising related purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below, as well as our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html which allow you to tailor your settings pertaining to the use of tracking technologies.
For instance, we share your Information with Grey Juice Lab, S.L.U. (its affiliates and other Grey Juice Lab’s group companies), a Spanish company located at Via Laietana 33, 6º 1ª 1ª, 08003 Barcelona (Spain), acting as our data processor under a Data processing agreement complying with the GDPR subject to the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries under Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament, for the following purposes:
- To manage the relationship between you and us for the purpose of the performance of the agreement concluded between us (customer support, marketing activities for the provision of analysis service to understand how to improve the Service, system monitoring and bug fixing);
- To carry out marketing and user engagement (event sponsorship, brand endorsement, raffles, challenges and advertising campaigns).
- Affiliates. We share Information with our affiliates and related entities belonging to our group of companies, acting as service providers on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- To manage the relationship between you and us for the purpose of the performance of the agreement concluded between us (customer support, marketing activities for the provision of analysis service to understand how to improve the Service);
- To carry out marketing and user engagement (event sponsorship, brand endorsement, raffles, challenges and advertising campaigns).
- Partners. If you agreed, we may share Information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Promotions. Our promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other parties, including calls for public generosity made by associations, foundations, or charity entities that we promote on our Service. When you voluntarily enter a promotion, we share Information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion; if you agreed, the sponsor and/or other entities may use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Public Functionality. We share Information you make public when using the Service, such as information in your profile or that you post on public boards including comments, reviews, sound, and videos that you make public on the Service and/or the Forum and information that you post in the Forum, cowatch chats or when you organize or appear in cowatches. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Facilitating Requests. We share Information at your request or direction.
- With Your Consent. We may also disclose your Information with notice to you and with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) in compliance with the Personal Data Regulation. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below and our Cookies Policy available at https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html.
4. Viewing Information.
On the basis on the provision of the Service offered to you in connection with the agreement concluded with you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR), we may need to share, with content suppliers, information about the videos you view on our Service (we will share anonymized analytics on viewing information, without personal data). We may also need to share with third parties providers, for the same purpose (performance of the Service), other information we have about you, including personal information you have provided to us (such as your name or address) and Information we have collected (such as an IP address, your Beem unique identifier, device identifiers, or precise location data).
5. Other Parties.
On the basis of our justified interest (an interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our Service, in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), we offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by other parties. In addition, on the basis of the same justified interest, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Service.
Some examples include:
- Links. Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us. We may get a commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link to an affiliate’s website.
- Liking, Sharing and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
For instance, we use social plugins ("plugins") provided by the social network facebook.com, which are operated by Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland. The plugins can be interaction elements or contents (e.g., videos, graphics, or text contributions).
If you are Facebook members and do not want Facebook to collect information about you and link it to your data stored with Facebook, you need to log out of Facebook and delete the cookies. Other settings and opt-outs regarding the use of data for advertising purposes are possible within Facebook’s profile settings.
These parties are:
- Facebook: Facebook is offered by Facebook Ireland 4 Grand Canal Square
Grand Canal Harbour
Dublin 2, Irlande.
- Twitter: Twitter is offered by Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
- Forums and Messaging
When you participate in Beem’s forum (“Forum”), we collect your private messages, comments and IP address; your activity on the site; how many times you visit the forum and with whom you’ve communicated. We use Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc. (Discourse) to help us host and operate our Forum. This means that they may access your information to help provide the Forum.
6. Analytics and Advertising.
As part of this process, if you provided us with your consent thanks to the banner available on the home page of the website https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html or in the dedicated area of our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Service (including our website and emails) as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Service or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done, upon your consent obtained thanks to the banner available on the home page of the website https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html or in the dedicated area of our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html by us uploading a customer list to another party or incorporating a pixel from another party into our own Service, and the other party matching common factors between our data and their data or other datasets. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the “Information Collected Automatically”, “Your Rights and Choices” sections and our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html.
7. Your Rights and Choices.
A - Your rights
Under the Personal Data Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal information, unless we are prohibited to do so by mandatory statutory provisions or an overriding interest on our part (for instance to defend our rights and claims). This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Withdraw your consent: In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless they are anonymized or we have another legitimate basis for doing so. In particular, we need to retain certain information for our own record-keeping purposes and for the compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party. Please note that these rights are not absolute and will only apply in certain circumstances;
- Lodge a complaint with the data protection authority and
- Right to set the consequences of your death on your personal data.
You may exercise these rights by updating your Account information, as detailed in item B below or by sending a request at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive or repetitive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
B - Account Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings. The settings link is located by clicking on your profile picture in the platform, then on “Settings” in the dropdown menu. Settings lets you see your account preferences. You can verify and adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if you wish, by changing your selections.
- Information Requests. For requests to review, update, export, delete or otherwise limit Beem’s use of your information that you have provided directly to Beem, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant backgrounds. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information.
- Disabling Your Account. You can disable your account if you go to your account settings while you are logged in. Click the “Disable My Account” link to have your account immediately disabled and removed from public view. Please be aware that this is a final act and you cannot log back into your account again after clicking this link. When you disable your account, we immediately remove your ability to log in and access any information or asset linked to your profile, including your pages, purchased/rented titles and cowatches.
- Turning on Email Notifications. You can change your email notifications in your email settings. While this allows you to stop many notification emails, we will still send some technical and critical service emails.
You may decline to share certain information with Beem, in which case Beem may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service.
Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
C - Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad ID at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly. For further information, read our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html.
D - Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze your use of our online and to compile reports on activities within the online content in order to perform further services associated with the use of this online content for us.
As part of this process, pseudonymous user profiles for the users can be created from the processed data.
The IP address transmitted from the user’s browser is not combined with other data by Google. Users can prevent the storage of cookies.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
Moreover, we use third parties advertising cookies on our website. the companies we work with may provide you with targeted ads (if you agreed thanks to the banner available on the home page of our website or through the cookies settings available on our Cookies Policy). Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
To tailor your settings concerning your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below or visit our Cookies Policy https://watchbeem.com/static/cookies-policy.html. We will request that the applicable party not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable party to opt out.
You may also limit our use of Information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
E - Communications.
- E-mails. If you agreed to receive promotional emails from us when you created your account, you can opt-out at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notification on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our app.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
F - Unlinking Your Accounts.
8. Data Security.
In the event of a security system breach, we will take the necessary measures to minimize the effects on your privacy and we will comply with the data breach notification as set forth in the Personal Data Regulation.
9. Merger or Sale.
In the event that Beem, or some or all assets related to the Service are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
10. International Transfer.
Your information may be transferred outside the European Union (third party country) whenever such is necessary to meet a contractual obligation towards you, such is required by law (e.g., notification obligations under tax law), such is in the legitimate interest of us or a third party or you have issued us your consent to such.
At the same time, your information may be processed in a third country including in connection with the involvement of service providers within the framework of the processing of the Service.
If no decision has been issued by the EU Commission regarding the presence of a reasonable level of data protection for the respective country, we warrant that your rights and freedoms will be reasonably protected and guaranteed in accordance with the Personal Data Regulation through contractual agreements to this effect or through other legal safeguards.
We will provide you with detailed information on request using the contact details provided in Article “Contact Us” below.
11. Duration of storage of your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
11.1 With the exception of the categories of personal information referred to in articles 11.2 to 11.7, your personal information is kept for the following periods:
• One (1) year after the closure of your User Account or the end of the contractual relationship if applicable;
• Two (2) years after your last use of our Services if you have not closed your User Account (inactive account);
11.3 The identity documents that you provide to us in the exercise of your rights are kept for a period of one (1) year from the request.
11.4 The cookies that we use for the Service are stored for a limited duration of thirteen (13) months.
11.5 Your browsing data is kept for thirteen (13) months from the date of the collection.
11.6 The messages exchanged and received by you in the chat during a co-watch session will be kept by our service provider (Agora Inc.) for 24 hours from the end of a co-watch session. Agora Inc. will send us the historical chat messages (content and logs) which we will store in Luxembourg in Amazon Web Service for a duration which shall not exceed the statute of limitation which is 5 years for contractual liability, accounting, or reporting requirements (legal duration for the storage of accounting information is 10 years).
11.7 Other durations
We may retain your personal information for a longer period in order to meet any legal (in particular statute for limitation, which is 5 years for contractual liability), accounting, or reporting requirements (legal duration for the storage of accounting information is 10 years).
To determine the appropriate retention period for this personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
11.8 In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
13. Contact Us.
If you experience any difficulties accessing the information here, please contact us at email@example.com.
© 2020 Beem Enterprises Ltd.